Entry-Level Driver Training
CDL Entry-Level Driver Training
What is Entry-Level Driver Training Regulations?
The ELDT regulations set the minimum Federal requirements for training that entry-level drivers must complete before being permitted to take certain commercial driver’s license (CDL) skills or knowledge tests on or after February 7, 2022.
- The ELDT requirements apply to individuals who obtain a commercial learner’s permit (CLP) on or after February 7, 2022.
- The ELDT regulations are not retroactive; individuals who were issued a CDL or an S, P, or H endorsement prior to February 7, 2022 are not required to complete training for the respective CDL or endorsement.
Who is considered an entry-level driver? Individuals applying to:
- Obtain a Class A CDL or Class B CDL for the first time;
- Upgrade an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL;
- Obtain a school bus (S), passenger (P), or hazardous materials (H) endorsement for the first time.
We Offer Online Theory Instruction For
Class A, Class B CDL, Also Passenger, School Bus, & Hazmat Endorsements.
Theory instruction is defined in the rule as “knowledge instruction on the operation of a CMV and related matters provided by a theory instructor through demonstration and online training, or similar means.
II. BEHIND-THE-WHEEL INSTRUCTION for CLASS A and B CDL.
The instructor will cover all topics listed in the behind-the-wheel curriculum.
The training topics are as follows:
- Vehicle Inspection Pre-Trip/En Route/Post Trip
- Straight Line Backing
- Alley Dock Backing (45/90 Degree)
- Off-Set Backing
- Parallel Parking Blind Side
- Parallel Parking Sight Side
- Coupling and Uncoupling (Class A only)
2. Public Road:
- Vehicle Controls Including:
- Left Turns, Right Turns, Lane Changes, Curves at Highway Speeds, and Entry and Exit on the Interstate or Controlled Access Highway
- Visual Search
- Speed and Space Management
- Safe Driver Behavior
- Hours-of-Service Requirements
- Hazard Perception
- Night Operation
- Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing
- Extreme Driving Conditions
- Skid Control/Recovery, and Other Emergencies
This is also required for Passenger and School Bus Endorsements.
During all behind-the-wheel, public road training sessions, the instructor will engage in active two-way communication with driver-trainees.
Accident InvestigationExpert Witness Services
Accident investigation and accident reconstruction are commonly heard terms, but what exactly are they. The following discussion will attempt to shed some light on these processes...
Human MaintenanceA.W.G.T.C. Driver Program
While these driver health risks can impact highway safety, many of the readily identifiable effects are more apparent on drivers’ quality of life and life expectancy. Motor vehicle safety is an important public health problem particularly involving commercial drivers.
Safety Rating AssistanceMotor Carrier Safety Rating Assistance
Special Operations UtilizationDiesel-Electric Hybrid Buses and Zero-Emissions Battery Electric Buses
AW Griffith Transportation Consulting has advised various top-level executives and technical managers that are transitioning to All-Electric Bus operations or special operations utilizing Diesel-Electric Hybrid Buses and Zero-Emissions Battery Electric Buses.
Safe SanitizationBus, Motorcoach, School Buses and Company Facilities
More than 69.7% of K-12 students are attending traditional, in-person learning. As School Bus Fleet previously reported, in March, the remote learning model has continued to decline as revised social distancing guidelines are expected to accelerate school reopening.